Thursday, November 10, 2011

Shu Fly

About a week ago I noticed what I thought were gnats (or pecker gnats as my hubby calls them) flying around in my master bathroom.. particularly around Mic's toothbrush--DISGUSTING! I thought they would just go away but every time I went into the bathroom they were multiplying by the dozens. I started thinking they were going to take over my house if I didn't do something quick so I did some research and figured out that they were fruit flies and decided to try this out.


I filled the bottom of the container with a little wine.. (Arbor Mist is all I had and it worked fabulously) and a couple drops of dish soap
I covered it with foil and poked holes in it.
About 10 minutes after I sat it out it already had like 10 fruit flies in it! Here's what is looks like 12 hours later!

This gives me the heebie jeabies just looking at it, but thank you sweet baby Jesus that these things are in dead in the container and not swarming around my bathroom sink anymore!

1 comment: