Monday, November 7, 2011

What I got into this weekend...

I didn't get into a whole lotta anything really--kinda nice.  Friday my hubby worked on this "thang"
--Prepare yourself..I'm about to get sidetracked!--



((insert long and meaningful *sigh* here)
Let me stop you for a second and tell you about this battle I've been fighting the last (at least) 3 years..

So.. it started with this 1902 (ok not really that old) box truck, that I called a bread truck.. or pedophile van.. it was H.O.R.R.I.B.L.E.-- I fought with him, and bitched at him, and whined at him to PLEASEEEE get rid of it! After three years of madness..he finally got rid of it! He towed it to the scrap yard.. Yeah! It was that big of a piece of crap!
Then he "does a roof" for another hunk of junk work truck.. and now IT sits on the side of our his shed (and that flippin' shed is another story in itself!).
So lemme break it down for ya- I have a hunk of junk white truck in my side drive way.. a flat bed trailer in front of my house, and a big boat of a car in this unfinished shed next to my cute 3 year old house. It's a never ending battle I tell ya... and I'm definitely not winning it either!

SO ANY WHO-- Friday while my hubby and some of his friends worked on that "thang", I stayed inside, made a big crock pot of chili to feed all those hungry working men, and hung out with the kiddos. He worked till midnight.. I went to bed without him.

Saturday was another full day of working on that "thang" for the husband, so he gave me some cash and I packed the kids up and headed to the mall & Toys R Us---- MISTAKE!! I was a huge ball of stressed out crabbiness by the time I made it home.. Christmas music & Christmas decor (in early November), an enormous amount of shoppers, and three kids had officially pushed me over my limit. I got home and stayed home... made coke roast (recipe by the cockin' girls) and chilled the rest of the night.

Sunday my hubs didn't work on the car but don't worry, he was busy jumping up and down on my nerves! Fantasy football and craigslist can officially kiss my ass-- because this is ALL he wants to do! I love Mic to death, but men just don't get it.. they really don't. Just because you are "present" in the house, doesn't mean you are helping me in any which way or form. The kids were crabby and so were mommy and daddy.. so I slipped out to go tan (and breathe). Came home and felt better.. got ready and headed out to a Scentsy party. That went well.. I really do love selling Scentsy. Came home with some KFC for din din and went to bed early.

This last weekend wasn't one of my most exciting, fun, or eventful weekends but it was nice to just be at home.. get my laundry caught up.. eat some home cooked meals and just be with my kids.  Today has been a day like that too... the rain pretty much kept me in all day and it was nice.  Anyway--Hope ya'll have a good week..I'm sure gonna try =))

PS-I know it sounds like I was kinda husband bashing.. but I really wasn't trying to.. I know he loves that "thang" and I'm ok with that (I just don't) so we will just have to agree to disagree on this one!

1 comment:

  1. Your definitely not going to be riding in it when its finished now. Your gonna be so jealous.

    ReplyDelete